Monday, November 16, 2009

Pittsburgh


Pittsburgh was a pleasure. I hosted a screening at the "Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community". After the film, we prayed and cried together and spent lots of time sorting out fears and insecurities and answering questions that most of us never allowed ourselves to ask. The southside is a beautiful place. For all the old church buildings that have been converted into hotels, houses, and even bars, its amazing to see an old bar converted into a 'church'. God is moving in such amazing ways.

The pastor during the Q&A asked me a very tough question to answer. "We in the past have been kicked in the nuts over and over by people we have tried to help. When is enough enough." My answer was pretty simple. I told a couple of stories of hope and grace, forgiveness and enduring love, and finally finished with... "God has never given up on me, and if we are to incarnate our Father in Heaven, we should try our best not to give up on anyone. Jesus had no litmus test to help folks, and neither should we".

I thank God He has never given up on me. That there is no limit to my foolishness where He would finally call it quits. We cant help people hoping to change them. We love people, and love brings the change, and if no change occurs (in our eyes), we love anyways. Thank you Lord for your enduring love.


Thank you Hot Metal Bridge for yet again showing me the beauty of community.

No comments:

Post a Comment